(Dates: 11-19th February 2017 (9 nights)
Book yourself a safari to witness mass birth of hundreds of thousands wildebeest calf on the southern short grass plains of the Serengeti, when 80% (400,000) of the females gives birth within 2-3 weeks. Here the sight alone of thousands of wildebeests on the short grass plains, is breath taking, not to mention active predation on the newly born or just sitting and watch the just born calves learn to walk and run before you eyes!
This safari is dedicated to serious amateur and professional photographers. It involves long days on game drives, following and photographing calving wildebeests. At the end of each day, your host will take you through photographic tips as you critic each other work and learn on the go will take you. Inderjit Bilkhu, who is an accomplished photographer and guide who has led many such trips will lead this trip.
- Day 1: Pick up from JRO or Namanga drive to Ngorongoro crater for overnight. Lemala Ngorongoro Camp FB
- Day 2: Crater drive full day, Lemala Ngorongoro Camp FB
- Day 3: Drive to southern Serengeti with stop at Olduvai proceed and check in at your camp in Ndutu. Nasikia Mobile Migration Camp
- Day 4: Full day activities in Ndutu (NCAA), Nasikia Mobile Migration Camp FB
- Day 5: Full day activities in Ndutu (NCAA), Nasikia Mobile Migration Camp FB
- Day 6: Full day activities in Ndutu (NCAA) or Serengeti, Nasikia Mobile Migration Camp FB
- Day 7: Full day activities in Ndutu (NCAA) or Serengeti, Nasikia Mobile Migration Camp FB
- Day 8: Full day activities in Ndutu (NCAA) or Serengeti, Nasikia Mobile Migration Camp FB
- Day 9: Full day activities in Ndutu (NCAA), Nasikia Mobile Migration Camp FB
- Day 10: Early morning game drive then back to camp for breakfast. Transfer to airstrip for flight to Arusha and transfer to JRO (or direct flight to JRO)
- 6 guests (3 Twin rooms 2 vehicles for private use)US $4,990 per person (twin share) SRS: US$580
- FLIGHT – Ndutu/Arusha- US $270 per person [or Ndutu/direct to JRO, US$320pp]
Inderjeet Kaur Bilkhu
KPSGA Gold Level. FGASA 1. Trails Guide and Professional Photographer.
I grew up with no other purpose in mind other than being as close as possible to wildlife, and working with it. I was born in the small town of Kitale in Western Kenya. Currently living in Nairobi, I’m the first Female professional safari guide with Gold accreditation from KPSGA (Kenya Professional safari Guides Association)
I now travel widely all over East and Southern Africa, and India now, hosting guests on safari, with each adventure I’ve observed the delicate balance of nature and its strengthened my passion for its continued and enhanced protection. I’ve worked for various safari companies and now lead my own trips under the Safari Escapes brand. With outstanding knowledge of African Flora and Fauna, I lead safaris – Guiding and sharing my expertise on photography as well as the bush, working closely with the group, shooting alongside, guiding and sharing my expertise on photography as well as the wilderness and animals.
I am still most at home behind a camera somewhere in the remote wilderness that is Africa. I work closely with Nikon in East Africa, running wildlife photography workshops for them. Whether you are looking to capture landscapes such as the beautiful plains of the Maasai Mara, the wildebeest crossings, Northern Kenya, Highland Gorillas, remarkable birds, I will help you realize your photographic dream of the African bush. An enthusiastic photographer with great people skills and a very hands-on approach to all aspects of life. Complemented with a good knowledge of the African bush and a keen interest in safari life, wildlife, birds, culture and geography…gives you the perfect guide.
A safari with Indi is not just about being in the bush and sleeping under canvas….it is all about having fun and enjoying some of Africa’s most spectacular experiences and taking away life time memories.